Sports Photography


With the NFL season in full force and Thursday Night Football showing the Broncos-Cardinals game, it's important to just how important photography is. 

Photos are critical to journalism in 2018. Great photos grab the viewer's attention and tells a story about the environment and emotions taking place. The action shot is critical but the reaction shot can take you there and make you understand.

In fall 2017 I was introduced to the one and only University of Florida Athletic Association photographer, Tim Casey. I asked how I could get involved in any way with helping him. After a meeting between us, he told me he did not have any open spots for an additional student photographer, however he would make a spot for me.

The first event I covered was the softball team hosting Texas A&M in the Super Regionals. At the time I was also the Gator Softball Beat Reporter for ESPN Gainesville WRUF, so I was able to interview the places and coaches after the game to then write a recap and attach my photo as the feature photo. To me it was fun to create a final product that was all my original work: audio recorded and edit from the post game interview, a photo I took as well as a written recap and social media content.


Check them out on the official Florida Gator website.


Comments

Popular Posts