Digging into the Gator Volleyball Beat

After the Florida Gator softball team lost to the Oklahoma Sooners in the Women's College World Series, my duties as the beat reporter concluded.

I went on to become the TV Beat reporter for the Gator volleyball team. Not only was I covering a new sport, but I also was given a different role. For the softball team, I was the radio and web reporter. I would cover the events and write web articles for WRUF.com using audio from the players and coaches I recorded.

For the volleyball team, using a video camera I record each play. After the game, I interview the players and Head Coach Mary Wise on camera. Next, I record myself doing a stand-up recap of the game.

Finally, I take all of the equipment back to the newsroom and import all of the videos.
I then select the top plays to use create a highlight reel. I also import the soundbites from the interviews and export them to the video archives that way they can be used for the WUFT First at 5 newscasts the following day. I also strip the audio, export and file it that way the sound can be added to the web recap story.



Comments

  1. Kate you've done so much with your time as Florida Gator! Your work with the volleyball team was nothing short of amazing. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts