Getting Started



In the summer semester I started interning with ESPN Gainesville. I was finally able to put a year's worth of journalism classes to work. I knew how to use Associated Press style when writing print and how to write broadcast style for radio and TV. At ESPN Gainesville, I used Wordpress to write recaps, previews and feature stories for the web. The published articles included sound bites cut up from speakers who were on the morning show, Sportscene with Steve Russell. I also learned how to write and voice 50 second sports updates which ran on WRUF 98.1 FM/850 AM.

Eventually, I got to try my hand at on-camera. Through Sports in 60 I gained hands-on experience writing for the ear, producing and editing video and presenting on camera. Sports in 60 was an excellent way to get better at video and audio editing, as well as updating viewers on trending sporting events both local and national.

Check out my first ever Sports in 60:



Comments

Popular Posts