My Peers Pt. 2

I could write an incredible blurb about every student here. They all bring something to the table that nobody else can. I truly wish I had more time to get to know every student better. However, I know the media world is a small one, and the industry better watch out for these students.

Amanda Cheney:

Amanda is a star in the newsroom and on the balance beam. She works full-time to meet the requirements as a student and a UF gymnast. I don't know how she balances both, because I know it is hard enough being a student in the journalism school. Amanda is working toward becoming a sports broadcaster come post-graduation. I have been lucky enough to work with Amanda and help teach her how to produce and anchor for the sports segment of the WUFT newscast. Cheney's huge heart, loud laugh, and willingness to learn is something that can't be taught.

Justin Ahlum:

Justin however may not be an athlete at UF, but man does he know his sports. I don't know if anyone has ever said an ill word about Justin. He brings his big smile and funny jokes to the newsroom each and every day. I think that is very important, no matter where you are. He spreads his happiness as he visits with each person in the INC. He's the type of guy who anyone would love right off the bat. His positivity can't be stopped, and I can't wait to see how far he goes.

Clarisa Melendez:

Clarisa is a student whom I wish I had gotten to know better. Clarisa is a news reporter for WUFT news, but she also writes for the Spanish radio program Noticias. Clarisa interned for Telemundon51/NBC6 last year where she was a part of the White House Press Pool when President Trump spoke in Miami. Clarisa es muy talentoso. I could listen to her Peruvian accent all day!



Comments

Popular Posts