Meeting Erin Andrews


That saying "Now I can die happy..." I really felt that that day. 
Growing up I told everyone that I wanted to be a sportscaster like Erin Andrews. It was something I said all the time, but I never imagined being face to face with my idol. 

Erin, a UF alumna, played a big part in my decision to attend UF. As I mentioned in previous posts, I never wanted to go to UF, but I told myself "Erin Andrews went to UF, so I must go to UF." That really was the deciding factor. I basically pinched myself and realized if UF could produce the best of the best, than that's where I needed to be.

The first thing I did when I found out Erin was coming to UF to speak to the journalism school was pitch the story. I wanted to cover the event, which most likely would guarantee an interview with Erin. 


Things didn't exactly play out that way, but in the end I still was one of just three students who got to meet her. I shot b-roll for her event, and interviewed two students who attended it. Erin was as down-to-Earth as everyone says. She was a bit taller than I, but we both love Bravo shows just the same. 

I still can't believe I met Erin. I definitely had to work hard and wipe away many tears for this one. 

I also met President Fuchs the same day. I couldn't graduate without snapping a chomping photo with him.


Comments

Popular Posts