A New Chapter

First Day of School
Aug. 22, 2016

Just like that I was attending my first day of classes. When I took this photo I had no idea what I was in for. I never imagined that not even two years later, I'd surpass goals that I hadn't dreamt of. At some points throughout my time at UF, my days have literally been better than my dreams. 

I'm only 21 years old, and I feel I've achieved things that many adults haven't. I've learned a lot about myself and what I believe to be the key to a happy life. Additionally, I've realized that whenever you listen to a successful person speak, they often say the same thing: Don't give up, Believe in yourself, Work Hard, Stand up for yourself, and Be happy. If everyone says that's the key to success, then why not do just that? I have worked hard for as long as I can remember. I think back to being in second grade when I would come home from school on a Friday afternoon and start complete my homework before enjoying the weekend. I always lived by the "work now; play later" motto. My mom never was on my back for school, because I was always in the driver's seat. I was a teacher's pet--100 percent.  I always loved lending a helping hand, and I think my charisma played a huge role in that. My independence, drive and work ethic has always been a part of who I am. I'm a natural born leader, and I have the facts to prove it. 

Comments

Popular Posts